"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference..."
se-rene
–adjective
1. calm, peaceful, or tranquil; unruffled.
2. clear; fair
sane
–adjective
1. free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person.
2. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.
3. sound; healthy.
I want all of these words to describe me right now. I long for them. And I haven't been doing my best to actually have those adjectives describe me lately.
Long story short, I've been very frazzled at work lately, partially because admissions slammed me with more clients than one should be allowed at one time. People have been out of town and I've had to pick up the slack. I have been unable to work at a level that I feel proud of. My personality pushes me to desire perfection in all that I do, and I've worn myself down berating my own work and beating myself up. I've stretched myself thin and it's taken a toll on my mind and body.
So here I am sitting at home so that I can relax because I cried most of the day at work yesterday (between clients). God has been good to me in soothing my soul though my quiet times this week. He's given me trees and flowers and squirrels and a couple of really cool birds to enjoy each day while I read what He's got for me.
But I need to slow down even more to let all that good stuff soak in so that I can relax, enjoy what He's given to me...and not get an ulcer.
Today we're flying to Florida to see Ryan's grandmother. It should be fun, but it's hard not to be stressed over the traveling and the plans for each day. So if you'd like to pray for me, I would love it if you prayed that I could relax and enjoy the time, so I can return to work on Tuesday serene and sane.
Consider it done, Cousin.
ReplyDeleteYeah - serene and sane. I should really work on those, too.
Love you bunches,
Kate :)