Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In Spite of Myself

The Bible says to pray continuously, but I didn't realize that shouting, "God help me!" 3-4 times a day counted. He has been using me despite the fact that I'm having some of my most difficult couple weeks at work. I can barely pull myself out of bed each morning because of the emotional beating I took the day before. That does not translate into the best attitude each day, and I oftentimes feel like I have nothing left to give. But in spite of me, God has been working. Clients have been working through some of their deep emotional stuff, clients have been so appreciative and saying thank you more than I have ever heard before, and a client said to me on one of my most frazzled days, "Ms. Tiffany, I just want to be like you someday..." WHAT? What the heck God? Where did that come from? So I give him all the glory. Even with girl (well, I say girl, she's actually 40), I had to tell her thank you, but that I couldn't take credit, and I told her why. Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. - 2 Timothy 2:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment