Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Mercy and Grace
I work with people who have problems. Ha. As if to imply that us "normals" don't have problems.
Anyway...I love on people, issues and all, for a living. But there are some people in my personal life that I have a hard time loving on. Maybe it's because my clients want to change and are asking for help and these people in my life don't seem to have that same desire. I'm not exactly sure what/why they rub me the wrong way, but they do!
Are they any less deserving of Christ's mercy and grace? No. Am I so much better than they are? No. But my heart is having a hard time softening! I've prayed and I've prayed. I WANT to WANT to love, but my desire wanes. Maybe I've secretly wanted God to remove this "torment" from my life...(2 Cor 12:7-9) "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'" Eek! WHY GOD!?!
I will continue to pray...alot for myself...to be a light to people I have a hard time caring about...for these people in my life...that they might be touched by Him in a radical way...and surely He can change us.
As Robbie Seay sings about in his song "Go Outside"...Noone should be left out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment