here the past few weeks they've been growing new leaves! I was pumped. Then on Tuesday I noticed one of them had a nice healthy bud about to be a flower. I was elated...I just knew that the next day it would be open and be a REAL flower! So I get home Wednesday evening after the storms blew through (I was in Rockwall) and notice the tree on it's side. So I immediately go to the back and assess the damage on my new rose-t0-be. And it had bloomed beautifully...but it was rather tattered from the storm. I was so sad, I almost cried! My poor rose who struggled through adversity to bloom for me had indeed bloomed just in time for a storm to rip it apart! But it was still a decent looking flower, and it continued to open despite it's tattered ends. It's real pretty and I open my kitchen window just to stare at it every few hours or so.
Well, I guess I'm going to go to yoga now and then to work. I've noticed that my body is definitely slimming down with the yoga so I'm really sticking with it.
Oh! And we are supposed to take in our first lab rescue foster this week. His name is Skeeter, he's a yellow boy and he has heartworms so he has to stay still in order to not have a stroke (I'll explain later). So he won't exactly be the fun playmate that Duke wants, but we'll be helping to save his life!
Have a great Saturday!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Stormy weather
As some of you know, we had some major storms come through on Wed and Thurs of this week. It did some damage in our area (mini tornadoes/high winds) and some people are still experiencing some power outages periodically for whatever reason. The storms knocked out our cable and internet...and they have yet to fix it despite the number of times I call customer service in India. So right now the wind must be blowing the right way, because I'm getting a neighbor's internet connection.
So you remember when I posted about clearning out the flower bed and transplanting the roses? Remember that tree we planted? Yeah, they've been experiencing some tough times. I came home Wed night and our tree was on it's side. But luckily it didn't break. The whole ball of soil around the roots turned sideways with it, so all we had to do was convince it to stand upright again.
And the rose bushes? I've been hoping they would live, since transplanting them seemed to be pretty traumatic for them. They got pretty brown and dry for a couple weeks after I moved them...and then
here the past few weeks they've been growing new leaves! I was pumped. Then on Tuesday I noticed one of them had a nice healthy bud about to be a flower. I was elated...I just knew that the next day it would be open and be a REAL flower! So I get home Wednesday evening after the storms blew through (I was in Rockwall) and notice the tree on it's side. So I immediately go to the back and assess the damage on my new rose-t0-be. And it had bloomed beautifully...but it was rather tattered from the storm. I was so sad, I almost cried! My poor rose who struggled through adversity to bloom for me had indeed bloomed just in time for a storm to rip it apart! But it was still a decent looking flower, and it continued to open despite it's tattered ends. It's real pretty and I open my kitchen window just to stare at it every few hours or so.
Well, I guess I'm going to go to yoga now and then to work. I've noticed that my body is definitely slimming down with the yoga so I'm really sticking with it.
Oh! And we are supposed to take in our first lab rescue foster this week. His name is Skeeter, he's a yellow boy and he has heartworms so he has to stay still in order to not have a stroke (I'll explain later). So he won't exactly be the fun playmate that Duke wants, but we'll be helping to save his life!
Have a great Saturday!
here the past few weeks they've been growing new leaves! I was pumped. Then on Tuesday I noticed one of them had a nice healthy bud about to be a flower. I was elated...I just knew that the next day it would be open and be a REAL flower! So I get home Wednesday evening after the storms blew through (I was in Rockwall) and notice the tree on it's side. So I immediately go to the back and assess the damage on my new rose-t0-be. And it had bloomed beautifully...but it was rather tattered from the storm. I was so sad, I almost cried! My poor rose who struggled through adversity to bloom for me had indeed bloomed just in time for a storm to rip it apart! But it was still a decent looking flower, and it continued to open despite it's tattered ends. It's real pretty and I open my kitchen window just to stare at it every few hours or so.
Well, I guess I'm going to go to yoga now and then to work. I've noticed that my body is definitely slimming down with the yoga so I'm really sticking with it.
Oh! And we are supposed to take in our first lab rescue foster this week. His name is Skeeter, he's a yellow boy and he has heartworms so he has to stay still in order to not have a stroke (I'll explain later). So he won't exactly be the fun playmate that Duke wants, but we'll be helping to save his life!
Have a great Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment