Monday, June 15, 2009

Yay Doggie!

Wednesday evening we are getting our first foster...Skeeter!

He's about one year old, yellow, male, and a kinda gangily right now b/c he was living as a stray and he has heartworms. :( Apparently he's really sweet and good! He needs some love and some weight on his bones!

He just got his round of treatments which kills the heartworms, but he has to stay still & quiet for about 3 weeks because the heartworms decompose into his blood vessels in his lungs etc. and he can have a stroke if he gets too excited right now. Poor guy. He wants just wants to play! But he will be healthy soon and will be so happy to have a nice home to go to.

Please pray for our family, especially Duke, as we make this adjustment. Duke will be fine sharing his space...it's just that he's going to want to PLAY, and Skeeter is not supposed to play right now! Pray that Skeeter will be ok with staying in his kennel. I'm excited to get the chance to help save doggies' lives! As we start getting dogs in our home and training them to be awesome, I would love to help any of our friends who are considering adding a new k9 loved one to their family. I think there are many benefits to adopting, especially from us!... Older dogs that have been trained and won't be peeing on or chewing up your house up b/c they've already learned at mine! I'll keep the blog and Facebook updated on the good doggies that we get so that you can see how much you really need to adopt one! I'll post an update after we get the Skeeter man!

2 comments:

  1. Awww....how cool, Tiff! SKeeter is a cutey :)

    I sure do love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh skeeter... you're a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete