Ryan has been building us a fence! The old one was chain-link and annoying. This one is nice wood and private. He's still got a little bit more to go, but I think it looks great so far!
The same day that Ryan started on the fence (last Sunday) I got motivated to finally clean out the planter in the front of our house. It was completely grown over & a mess. It had three huge, un-kept rosebushes, a number of huge stubborn weeds, and a large amount of shattered glass. Yes, you read correctly. Shattered glass. We replaced our huge front window when we were renovating and we had to break part of the glass to remove the old window. Well, we never really cleaned that up from the planter. oops. So I had to be very careful and thorough. I moved the rose bushes to the back yard (digging big holes is NOT fun), and threw away all the weeds and glass. It took me about 8 hrs. Craziness. Now I'm going to hire some landscaping peeps to come help me plan what to do with the rest of our neglected, barren yard.
See the empty planter...
Oh! And I'm not sure I ever blogged about our new little tree we got a couple of months ago. Ryan is very proud of himself for making this tree happen. Our neighbor also helped us out. Ryan gets excited when birds sit in it and such. He's very attached to the little guy...
I'm very proud of the work we have done! But there's still so much to go!
I'm totally loving the fence and the tree :)
ReplyDeleteKeep it up, girl :) We are in the midst of DIY projects ourselves - we better get our rears in gear before baby girl arrives!
I love you. SOOOO much :)
-Kate