Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Wiggles and Squirms
We are at 16 weeks now and just truckin' along!
Our doctor's appointment on Friday went well. Of course I forgot ALL my questions I had for Dr. Gunby, except about my weight. Ryan got stuck in a traffic jam and couldn't make it, so it was just me and baby!
Baby still has a strong heartbeat, and fast...but I'm not sold on any of the old wives tales about what that has to say about the sex.
They said I lost another pound :( but then I weighed myself at my parents' house later that night and again later that weekend, and it says I have gained 2 pounds. So I choose to believe that. So that's not up two pounds from my starting weight, that's still down about 10 pounds! Oops! Dr. Gunby says that he isn't worried at all about my weight and that as long as I'm eating frequently like I say I'm eating, things are all good. My bloodwork came back perfect as well, so don't try to scare me with saying that I might have some sort of thyroid or other problem or something and that's why I'm losing weight. (Some stranger actually told me that a week or so ago. The nerve! As if I'm not worried ENOUGH! Just say congrats and move on lady!)
But the most exciting part of what's been happening lately is that I think I can feel the baby kicking and moving! I know it's still early and not everyone can feel these movements this early, especially with their first, but I'm pretty convinced that's what I'm feeling in there. I'm learning how to try to decipher between gas, digestion, and movement. I think I've got it down.
The other morning there was a lot of thumping going on and I was excited/concerned. Concerned because this baby has seemed active since our first sonogram. We saw baby Amerson wiggling around in there quite a few times during our <5 min sonogram at 8 weeks. Now the other morning I feel multiple movements. Now what's going to happen when this baby gets big enough to jack me in the ribs, bladder, or some other fun body part with it's elbow or foot if it's this active now? Oh dear!! I'm just going to try to set my mind to believe they will be love taps and that the baby is just trying to say hi...yes, this will help! ;) HA.
The Lord has been a constant source of peace for me. Some days I have to lay down my anxieties multiple times, but over time it has seemed like He has really taught me how to give it to Him. Fear is not of God. He's the knitter of the babies, not me. I don't know the first thing about knitting. I'm encouraged by Jesus' words in Mark 5:36, "Do not be afraid any longer, only believe."
Looking forward to week 17...it's one week closer to 20 weeks, when we will get our next sonogram and see baby Amerson's sex! July 28th! Get ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations I missed that you were pregnant!!! :) Its great! ups and downs of course, but great. :)
ReplyDelete