Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Eat Sleep Poop
I saw the book by this title at Barnes & Noble the other day. It discussed the first year of baby's life. But I found that though our child is not due for another 5 months or so, I already resonate with this motto. Eating, sleeping, and pooping have been my primary concerns since conception for the most part.
EAT: I've mentioned my concerns regarding eating in the past. My nausea was no fun and turned me off to eating almost completely for a few months there. Now that baby is not eating of the yolk sac anymore, it is important that I consume a healthy diet for the both of us. But I'm still not a huge fan of eating, though I get hungry CONSTANTLY and eating is all I can think of. Ugh. Who would have thought of all the issues that I would ever worry about, eating enough would be one of them?
SLEEP: I know my sleep habits will never be the same again. No need to remind me about the crying hungry infant at 4am or the toddler with a tummy ache that wants to sleep with you. My sleeping pattern is so erratic right now. I guess it's God's way of preparing me for what's to come. Most of the time I fall right asleep...but that kind of ease does not usually define the rest of my night. Freaky dreams, frequent potty breaks, waking up just plain uncomfortable, being too cold, being too anything...sheesh. Some nights I sleep like a rock; some nights I just don't. And unfortunately, oftentimes my night's sleep defines the type of day I have. I try not to let it, but you try handling a caseload of 10 needy addicted women on no more than 2 consecutive hours of sleep!
POOP: This might be TMI, but other moms know exactly what I'm taking about here. Pooping has become quite the concern over the past 4 months! Why can't I just be REGULAR!? A good poop can make my day. A constipated day can just be plain frustrating. This one goes back up to the eating part, because now I'm trying to figure out what exactly I ate that helped me out down south that day...more protein, milk products? Has it gotten more difficult since I changed vitamins? Did I go for a walk that day? I NEED TO KNOW THIS!
Ah, the joys of pregnancy! I'm just looking forward to the time where it's not my eating, sleeping, or pooping that I'm concerned about anymore. It will be a lovable little baby Amerson's eating, sleeping, and pooping! How much more cute will that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this post made me lol. i totally know where you're coming from! and, for the record, I HATE it when people say "you think you're not sleeping now...just wait...". I'll give you hope--it was never THAT bad for us! Yes, I was tired, but it was a new kind of tired, that I almost LOVED because everytime I got up, I got to HOLD my newest love. AND, i FINALLY could sleep on my stomach again (which, in itself made me feel more rested) and my nose was finally not stopped up like it was when i was pregnant! I'm telling you, it's a different kind of tired!! And, I agree, maybe it is God's way of preparing our bodies for what's to come...and it's AWESOME!
ReplyDeletepoop--soooo relate. i love me a good poo that makes me feel like i actually have ROOM in there again! (By the way, I'm using Dr Littrell and I'm pretty sure she and your Dr are in the same office--i may run into you! Anyway, I mentioned the issue to her, and she told me Colace tablets (poo softners) are safe to take and won't harm the baby, even though it says to only use them for 2 weeks, she said it would be fine to use through out--you may ask your Dr to verify it's ok, but thought i'd pass the info along).
SOOO relate to the sleeping thing. I didn't sleep well when pregnant and got hot all the time. BUT when I had to get up to hold and feed Roman I had a different feeling. Having a reason to be awake in the middle of the night. I will say that after a few months of him not sleeping through the night it got old, but nothing that was that horrible even. Sounds bad but MOST babies sleep all night long before him, and if I can survive it then anyone can.
ReplyDeleteI have never been a regular pooper.. and up till Roman had 3 meals of normal food a day he wasn't either. He pooped every few days. BUT This week he started to have real solid little baby poops and they are so funny and tiny and smelly. Now he poops multiple times a day. Its amazing how much I have talked about his poop and he is only 8 months old.