Monday, December 7, 2009

Meet & Greet at Raising Canes Lewisville

Every year, Raising Canes sells plush lab toys around Christmas time. Each location gets to pick where all of the proceeds from the sales of those toys goes. This year, the Lewisville location chose Lone Star Lab Rescue!
http://www.lonestarlabrescue.org/ http://www.raisingcanes.com/cards/index.html

So instead of setting up our Meet & Greet booth for adoptable labs outside of Petsmart, we did it outside Raising Canes. It was a blast.

Duke got to visit since we were low on available labs. He was very popular and people kept wanting to adopt him!We got to visit with Molly dog too! Interesting story: I have been babysitting regularly for this family in University Park for almost 3 years and they had this sweet black lab named Molly that they got from Lone Star Lab Rescue. After the kids would go to bed, I would spend time with Molly, cudding and watching TV. Unfortunately, Molly has extreme anxiety issues and when there was a storm (or even loud rain), this sweet angel dog would go on a tear, pottying all over the house and ripping up carpet, doors, etc. So oftentimes I would be there when Molly flipped out and had to spend time cleaning up messes and calming her down. We got tight. Eventually they had to surrender her back to the rescue b/c they were having another child and their schedules were unable to manage Molly's behavior. I was very sad!

But one of the fosters in the organization ended up keeping her and now I get to see Molly all the time! We've always wanted Duke and Molly to meet b/c they are kinda both my babies. So this was the big day. They liked each other!

All the dogs got to wear cute Christmas head attire. Check out Duke, Molly, and Rigby...our blackies!

No comments:

Post a Comment