Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Verse of the Day
My high school friends and I used to meet together weekly for accountability group. We were thinking in accountability group one day about how we wanted a way to daily encourage our friends and ourselves so we created "Verse of the Day."
This was before we were all addicted to email so we did it a different way.
We put everyone's name in a specific order on a list and so each day it was a different person's turn to pick one Bible verse to share with everyone. We would print the verse out on cute paper, regular paper, whatever... using cute fonts, colored fonts, glitter, stickers, etc. and cut the verses into strips so they would easily fit in our Bibles, planners, or whatever book we had on us that day. We would print them and pass them out to our accountability group, friends, and sometimes just random people.
Sometimes I still find them in old Bibles and pasted in old journals. It's funny how a little verse each day really went a long way with us. It exposed us to different parts of the Bible, let us be encouraged by verses that had encouraged others, and see the Word in a new light.
I feel guilty alot of times for slacking on getting into the Word and not praying as often as I used to. I use the excuse of marriage and too little time, but really if I'm honest with myself, I made time for little things like cutting out verse of the day when I was 17 and had a million extra curricular activities...and was skinny just because I didn't have time to slow down! Excuses excuses!
So I'm adding just a little encouragement for each day to my blog with an app called verse-a-day. Just a small reminder of His gift and His love each day...and hopefully a reminder to get my face into the Word!
Be encouraged today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment