Tuesday, June 8, 2010
New Body!
No, I'm not speaking about the second coming of Christ, or the new heaven & new earth where we will be in His presence forever and receive a new body. I sometimes wish we were talking about that (that's something else to look forward to...Also, sorry for the seminary reference, my OB is right by DTS so it's bringing some fond memories back)!
I'm talking about how God has created women's bodies so perfectly to house new life that He knits together inside us. The changes a pregnant woman's body goes through would kill any other person who was not pregnant. Literally. My nurse mom reminds me of this while she's giving glory to God. Kinda freaky encouragement, but fun.
I was reading from my What to Expect When You're Expecting book last night while my brother and I were sitting on my back porch. I was at the section called "What You May Be Feeling" for month 3 and I read the symptoms aloud to Brett with the preface, "Who would sign up for this?"....
- Fatigue, lack of energy, sleepiness
- Frequent urination
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Excess saliva
- Constipation
- Heartburn, indigestion, flatulence, bloating
- Food aversions and cravings
- Increasing appetite, especially if morning sickness is easing
- Breast changes: fullness, heaviness, tenderness, tingling; darkening of the areolas; lubrication glands in the areolas becoming prominent, like large goose bumps; expanding network of bluish lines under your skin
- Visible veins on your abdomen, legs, and elsewhere, as your blood supply pumps up
- Slight increase in vaginal discharge
- Occasional headaches
- Occasional faintness or dizziness
- A little more rounding of your belly
- Continued emotional ups and downs, which may include mood swings, irritability, irrationality, weepiness
- Misgivings, fear, joy, elation - any or all
- A new sense of calm
- Still, a sense of unreality about the pregnancy
I'm sorry, but what the hell man? That would not sound like any fun to any person reading this who is not pregnant. But for me, it's kinda interesting (notice I didn't say fun).
I really don't mind a lot of the physical changes. So far I've lost weight overall (I won't tell how much so you won't worry about me, but it's enough to notice) so that's been interesting as my legs, butt, arms, and face have actually shrunk. Notice that I didn't mention anything about my midsection or bust....that's a different story. I look at myself in the mirror and I actually think I look very pretty most of the time. I'm sure this will change as I bloat up like a beached whale, but for now, it's an (almost fun) adventure.
The reason I can't use the word fun is because my nausea. I'm having a hard time not blaming it for everything that is wrong in the world. But today I woke up with a renewed point of view about it (thank you Lord for giving me something I could not give myself), so hopefully I'll carry this more aligned point of view throughout the rest of this battle with nausea.
You can pray that the Lord renews my point of view about work now!
Hopefully I'll get my act together and take some weekly belly pictures. I'm so forgetful these days that it hasn't even entered my mind in weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! It is such a blessing even with all the yucky stuff that goes along with it. You are going to make an awesome mommy.(not just labs anymore) :) hee hee
ReplyDeleteCongrats, that is very exciting news and you will be a great mommy. I was so forgetful too. When I was prego I was teaching 2nd grade and a little boy in class told me " I know what is happening to you, you are starting to forget things, it happened to my mom when she was pregnant. Dont worry it will get better." I dont know if it has or not. haha. Congrats again and take pictures you will enjoy them later.
ReplyDelete