Friday, May 8, 2009
We're all alright!
I just thought I'd put that as the title b/c I hear that song any time I stay late for work b/c the ladies watch the Drew Carrey Show. I thought it would be fitting today.
My dad is safely back from Kurdistan as of yesterday. He's pooped out and sleeping so I haven't heard any neat stories yet. You can however see some of the pics one of the other guys took on his blog: http://rescue.typepad.com/my_weblog/
I am doing ok on my new initiative/diet. I'm almost detoxed from sugars/carbs. Yesterday and today have been really difficult. I'm having cravings, "using dreams," and "addictive thinking" ...and it's actually been helpful in connecting in some small way what my clients must be going through. The headaches, visions of my drug of choice (sugar), and the rationale that I can just eat one small cupcake and be ok...."I can go without tomorrow!...Just a small hit won't hurt!" OMG. Are you kidding me? Visions of cupcakes, cookies, and tortilla chips are dancing in my head at random.
I hope I'll make it through the weekend without cheating...but I don't think I really planned all this out well considering Mother's Day is this weekend and we have between us THREE mothers in the same town that are all going to want us to eat yummy things with them. Boo.
Either way, I only have veggies and lean meats in the fridge/pantry so it's that or nothing if I want to eat here.
Wish me luck!
AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mommies out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what a suckie tough diet!!! i think i would die without sugar... or kill someone. at least kill my cat. good luck... i'm actually dieting too to lose this frickin' baby weight. yuck. i'll think of you when i drink my breakfast and lunch shakes. :)
ReplyDelete