Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting back to (a hotter) me

It's almost summer time. You know what that means? Weddings. Pool parties. Lakehouse. Playtime. Those things don't mix with low self-esteem and apathy toward my body. I want to feel good and healthy. I'm sitting here watching The Biggest Loser 7: Couples right now. Last week I watched it while eating a Double Stuffed Oreo. Also last week, one of the women weighed in at a couple of pounds less than I weigh today...and she's not done yet. Oops. So today I'm watching it and starting my new initiative. I'm jump-starting my change of eating habits by doing Phase I of the South Beach Diet again. I'm not sure if I can do Phase I for two weeks like you're supposed to, but I'm going to try it for at least a week and then re-evaluate. I did South Beach before my wedding and it really helped me re-learn how to eat healthy. Then maybe I'll do WW online to help me stay on track. Soon I'll get back into some dance classes and going to my yoga classes I got as a gift. I just thought that if I wrote about it on my blog that I'd have a bit more accountability and I'd actually work on it! So let's get hot!

2 comments:

  1. You rock, Tiff.

    I've been thinking about what I'm gonna do after this baby girl comes. I want to run some 5K races in the fall and I really want to change my diet for the better. I have NOT been good about watching what I eat during this pregnancy - AT ALL. Oops. Anyway, I have looked into cutting out sugar and I borrowed some videos on how to cook with more natural ingredients. I would love to hear about the South Beach thing - sounds interesting.

    Keep us updated!

    I love you very much, Cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so watching biggest loser was my big motivation... did you watch the finale? come on!!! three hours!??!? what a load of crap. I know what you mean about that weigh in... i weighed more than her too. so there... you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete