But here's some products that are lifesavers right now with Dylan's teething:
Muchkin's Fresh Food Teether
I can put the long (normal sized) ice cubes in there and Dylan will suck and gum on it for a long time. There's another mesh feeder that's out there by Sassy brand; it's the same concept but is horrible and doesn't hold a normal ice cube, so make sure you get the Munchkin brand. I bought mine at Target, but I also saw them at Buy Buy Baby (I couldn't find it at BRU). You are also supposed to be able to put foods like avocado, strawberries, and other things that can strain through for baby to "safely" ingest as they gnaw on the bag. We have used it for avocado and it has worked well.
Another favorite is the Munchkin Fun Ice Chewy Teether. They are filled with a safe gel and you can freeze them so that they stay cool longer. Water filled teethers are for the birds. They stay cold for .5 seconds and many say not to freeze them. Don't waste your time. These are the best. And they come in fun hand and foot shapes. Dylan likes them after they are out of the freezer for a few minutes...they soften up but retain their cool for a while. We attach them to rings so it's easier to keep track of them. Get two so that you can have one in the freezer while they are gnawing on the other!

I think we're going to try the baltic amber necklace or anklet (most likely anklet) to see if that helps manage teething pain. I'm still skeptical, but I'll let you know if we try it and think it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment