Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4 months old

I can't believe how behind I am on blogging about Dylan!  I'm such a blogger slacker! 

But today at Mommy & Me swim class, some girls were talking about blogging and it got me thinking about how much I missed it and how much encouragement I have been missing by not getting online and following my boggy friends out there!  So please forgive me.

With that being said, I'm not going to be able to remember much about his 4th  month b/c I didn't write any of it down.  Now I have an ongoing monthly list in my iPhone that I use to jot down any new stuff he does so I don't forget to blog about it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: my blog is more of a journal for myself than for anyone else.  And I would love to print it someday but have no idea the best way of going about that.


 This is how he likes to sleep. All spread out!!

Dylan started sitting up more...but he was pretty wobbly!

First slumber party!  Dylan shared his bed with Beckett while we had a garage sale one day.
This is also the same day we spotted his bottom two teeth starting to show through.  The next day we had a pretty fussy guy on our hands.  Dealing with teething-Dylan was quite different than dealing with non-teething-Dylan.  Much more fussy.  He got congestion with them but never a fever.  He also had trouble sleeping and so that was fun to be waking up every couple of hours again. 

After a walk with mommy, daddy, and duke man

This was a long story that involved needing to air out his bottom area! 
I pinned him into a cloth diaper and put a pad of towels underneath him and laid him in his infant positioner.  This is how I found him, just smiling away!

Such a great smiler!

We went to the doctor for his 4 month well visit and he was 18lbs 10oz (94th percentile) and 25 and 3/4 inches long (52%).  Big boy still!  The doctor told us we could go ahead and start trying solid foods since he seemed interested in foods we were eating and can grab and put things in his mouth well.  Also since he's so healthy and thriving with his breastfeeding.  But I had it in my mind that we would exclusively breastfeed until 6 months, so I decided that we wouldn't start trying to introduce solids until we got to 5 months and then only in moderation to get him used to the newness of it.

He loved rolling on his tummy but couldn't roll back as well.  He could do it, but just didn't do it very often.  He started sleeping on his tummy a lot this month.

As I mentioned before, his sleep pattern got interrupted at the end of this month due to his teeth coming in.  Ugh.  Also, pacifiers became much more important to him!  He learned how to manipulate his paci with his hands to turn it backward and gnaw on it a bit and also move it around and rub on his gums.  Also with him being more fussy, he really liked having it to self-soothe.  We still tried to keep paci use to bed or overly-tired situations.

I started working more often, adding a second day to my schedule and thankfully I had my mom and dad to help me.  Ryan's stepmom and mom watched him some too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment