Saturday, October 23, 2010

You're getting very sleeeeppppyyyyyy.....

So I've been slowing down lately.  The last trimester is setting in!  Baby A is growing growing and my body is really taking note. 

I've been getting tired again about mid-day.  I remember what it was like my first trimester when I absolutely could NOT stay awake after lunch and naps were a MUST.  This time I'm definitely wanting to nap, but I can power through it.

I'm having trouble sleeping again and I've started developing a new pregnancy symptom that I never knew existed!  Carpal tunnel.  Boo. Apparently the swelling in the hands puts the strain on the ligaments or whatever in the wrists and causes some fun numbing and pain.  So now I'm sleeping with a wrist brace on my right hand, I can't write or type for long, and have tingling in my fingertips off and on throughout the day.  FUN.  But Ryan has been getting some sympathy pains.  He said he woke up the other morning and his hand was numb.  Ha! I think it's funny and crazy how that happens!

Baby A is still moving A LOT, but I can tell he's running out of leg room b/c he can't rev back and punch or kick w/as much force.  But now he moves his entire body more at one time and still does some slow somersaulting. 

Oh, another funny thing that I do to psych myself out on accident...I oftentimes scratch my stomach on the sides (because its itchy!) and then when I change clothes and look at myself in the mirror I freak out b/c I think I grew huge stretch marks on my stomach...but it's really  just where I scratched myself.  Every. Single. Time.  You'd think I'd learn by now, but no.  I still freak out. Ha.

Sorry some of these posts are a little boring.  I'm kinda using my blog as a pregnancy journal to look back on too, so I want to make sure I write out all the strange things going on!  More fun stuff to come!

1 comment:

  1. i dont think your posts are boring at ALL. I love to be nosey and read other people's thoughts. I can relate to soooo many of them!! Rest when you can, and don't make yourself feel guilty for it--housework/laundry, etc will always find a way to get itself done. Take care of yourself, and enjoy these last weeks with you and Ryan as much as possible. I remember so much the journey of the "first" baby and it's such a sweet one. :)

    ReplyDelete