Monday, January 18, 2010
Long Lost Blogger
Where have I been lately? I'm not sure. Around I guess.
I guess I'll give a brief update on what's been going on with us lately...
Ginger was on a trial adoption right before Christmas, only to have a lot of separation anxiety, chew some of her back nails to the quick, bleed profusely all over some lady's bathroom, and come back to live with us after about a week. She became like my little brown shadow and her smiling face melted my heart. But alas, last night I had to give her up as we got her adopted with a nice couple in Arlington who have a small dog to keep her company.
It was great to spend time with my sister and her boyfriend the past week or so. We went out to Pei Wei and Marble Slab. Nice.
Our friends, Jeff and Charis, came in from Tyler this weekend and we had fun with them and their great dane, Maverick.
We are enjoying our Foundation Group at Watermark still. We just started back up with them last weekend. We are reading Scripture along with the rest of the church on Join the Journey this year.
Ryan & I watched the last two Dallas Cowboys playoff games at BJ's Brewery and had a blast. Well, yesterday was a blast b/c we were with our friends Garrett and Laurel for the first half. But the 'Boys were doing so badly we left at halftime to lay on the couch and fall asleep.
Ryan is starting to build a deck in the backyard. It is coming right along. But in the meantime, the place where they removed the weird concrete squares is like a big mud pit. Boo having to wipe off Duke's feet every time he goes back there.
My job is going ok. Since New Years, I have enjoyed it more; I was a litttle burned out before then. There are still days where I get overwhelmed and want to walk out the door, never to return. But I'm still going strong. I have my own practicum student for the next 3 semesters from Argosy. My supervisor is technically her supervisor, but I have to give her work and pretty much teach her how to counsel. She's older than my parents, so its interesting. But it will be worth it to have her more up to speed in the next few months (yes, that's how long it takes to train someone to remotely do part of my job at Nexus) so she can take part of my caseload.
OH! And I started taking the fitness classes at 24-Hour Fitness. I suck at the "gym," but I'll go to classes like step and yoga, etc. We will see how long this lasts.
That is all for now. Running late as usual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment