Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And our weekend ended with a BANG

So I openly confess to my uncoolness on a regular basis. I'm married to my best friend and I truly have alot of fun with him; so oftentimes I forget my need for outside socialization until I start talking about moisturizer or cramps and see Ryan's eyes glaze over. Lately we've been trying to branch out and take advantage of our free time as married peeps pre-child rearing (hee hee, I just typed rearing!) since everyone who has moved into that phase of life keeps reminding us to, "enjoy it." Last weekend we visited Tyler to hang out with Ryan's good friend from Pine Cove, Jeff, and his wife Charis. It was lots of fun and was really nice to hang out in the country with a slower pace of life. So this weekend, instead of slow-paced, we went with more of a fast paced theme. Friday: I actually did some work on Friday (I usually don't see clients on Friday). Errands, deep floor cleaning, and at-home administrative work kept me busy during the day. Ryan came home and we cooked the chicken I marinaded so nicely. We watched WALL-E the movie (thanks to our Netflix suscription we got for Christmas) while we ate. The movie and the meal were real good. Then it was off to the Ice Training Center (aka I.T.C) for Ryan's 9:30pm Ice Hockey game. That's right my friends, my husband place ice hockey in the instructional league at the local rink. Yes, it is funny/entertaining...but cold. Saturday: Getting busier! Woke up REAL late. Made b-fast with the hubby: eggs, turkey bacon, Bisquick biscuits, and a homemade "blend" (fruit smoothie) made by Ryan in our VitaMix....yeah, those are the amazing blenders they demonstrate at the State Fair. 2:30pm meant we were at the gym at our church for Upward Basketball. Ryan is the coach of the Blazers: 3rd & 4th grade boys. 1 hour/6 periods of absolute pandemonium. It reminded me of my personal (and only) experience playing 7th grade basketball for the Williams Wildcats. I was actually on the A-Team, which is really not as cool as I'm positive it sounds...considering I only went into the game when Ebony fouled-out. But I specifically remember watching the B-Team games which were on the same nights as ours. Watching Jessi use her height to its full potential as goal-tender/offensive rebounder/only-one-who-could-reach-that-high ...re-shooting the ball approximately 15 times per possession with the other 9 players crammed in the lane around her trying to accomplish a similar task. Needless to say, the 3rd and 4th grade boys brought back some fond memories. After the game, Ryan and I went to the Plano Center to check out our favorite AM radio station, 1310 The Ticket, who was there putting on their annual convention: Ticketstock 2009. It is always interesting to see what the people you listen to on the radio look like in real life. I wasn't too disappointed with what I saw, so all was well. We then went down the way to the new Chuy's to get some amazing Tex Mex since we hadn't been on a date in a while. We had to wait 45 minutes and were about to start gnawing off appendages as appetizers when they finally buzzed us. We sat there for about 7 minutes before being acknowledged, silently salivating at the sight of happy eaters all around us. We got some free queso out of the deal, the Chuy's Special was to die for, and the margaritas made us giggle, so it wasn't all bad. Still going with the date theme, we took our gift card to AMC and went to see Coraline. It was ok. Don't take small kids b/c there are some pretty spooky parts in there. Sunday: I can't believe how much we did in one day! Woke up late, but made it to the second church service. Came home for half an hour and did some laundry...there is always laundry! Then it was off to the airport to pick up Betsey, my mother in law, who's coming in town from Seattle for her monthly book club. Her flight was way late, so by the time we get her picked up, took her to Rockwall, and ate at Which Wich, we had to hustle to get home in time to meet Justin & Leslee at our house for the Stars game. We got 4 tickets to the Stars game for Christmas so we were excited about going and being able to take friends with us. We all pile into Sassy Pants, my 2002 Mercury Mountaineer, and take off toward the AAC. Little did we know that half way there we would have a blow out on 75! BANG (or more like Whomph)! All of a sudden, no more tire. Scary town USA! Luckily the blow out was on the passenger rear tire and we were able to pull off to the right shoulder (if you can call it that) right before the exit for NW Hwy. I would have been in tears if this had happened to me while I was driving alone, so it was a blessing that it happened while I had two able-bodied men in the car with me. They got the tire changed way faster than expected and we only missed the first few minutes of the game. Stars beat the Predators 4-1. YAY! Leslee had spotted Pacugio on our way into the AAC and had to get some gelato on our way out. But then as we were walking to our far-away-lot, we decided that most of us were actually really hungry for real food. So we went to Cheesecake Factory and get some Stuffed Chicken Tortillas (oh yes, you SHOULD try them). Then we decide since we're out that we should probably go see He's Just Not That Into You at AMC Northpark. It was cute, but we were EXHAUSTED and the movie theater was 1,000 degrees hot. Whew, what a weekend! Needless to say, I was real tired Monday...and I had to go to Discount Tire to fix my tire problem. Thank God for warranties b/c there's no way Ryan and I could have afforded a costly tire replacement otherwise. WE ARE BLESSED! And we love Justin & Leslee.

1 comment:

  1. We love you too! We had such a fun time and hope to do it more often. I had no idea how much you did before meeting up with us that day. WOW!

    ReplyDelete